The City of Loveland is in the final stages for the creation of a Comprehensive Master Development Plan. Residents are invited to a community engagement event Dec. 13 at Oasis Turf & Tree, 897 Loveland-Madeira Road, from 6-8 p.m.
Following a multi-year planning process, the Comprehensive Master Development Plan Steering Committee is ready to present a draft version of the plan to the community for review. Overall, this plan is a guiding policy document for how to improve the physical and social aspects of the City of Loveland over the next 10 years. The plan is organized into four main themes: Development, Prosperity, Neighborhoods, and Assets.
To support the plan’s themes, the Comprehensive Master Development Plan Steering Committee has worked on ideas to present to the community:
- Concepts for the use of vacant land
- Designs for installing safe and convenient pathways, including sidewalk expansions and crosswalks that will connect neighborhoods to Loveland-Madeira Road and Downtown
- Additional land use designations and a Future Land Use Map (the first of its kind for the city) to supplement a variety of housing needs
- Suggestions for enhancing outdoor recreation opportunities in the city
- Plans for connecting pedestrian, bicycle and road networks
In addition, emphasis was placed on enhancing the city’s Commerce Park, filling the vacancy of its final lot, improving its entryway signage, and performing road maintenance. Similarly, the Loveland-Madeira Road Corridor was highlighted as a prominent feature of the plan with a weighted degree of importance.
The Committee would like to invite the community to an open house-style event where the plan will be presented. Feedback is encouraged and, as a result, a survey will be provided at the event. Additional information can be found here.
Monday. December 13, 2021
Oasis Turf and Tree
897 Loveland-Madeira Road
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.