Fire Station 63, located in downtown Loveland, has served the community since 1972. Given the growth of the downtown business district a new expanded station is needed in the future. The building’s corner location on Second Street and East Loveland Avenue also provides challenges for emergency vehicles exiting and entering the station. To prepare for a future expansion, the City is creating a focus group who will:
- Evaluate a Fire Station Study.
- Evaluate the recommended site location.
- Work with the Loveland Symmes Fire Department (LSFD) and City staff to review architecture/engineering proposals for the design of a new station.
- Work with the selected architecture/engineering firm on the design of the new station.
- Assist LSFD and City staff on funding mechanisms for the construction of a new fire station.
- Attend public meetings to report findings during the process.
The focus group will consist of two representatives from the LSFD, two City Council members, a City staff member, and three residents. If you are interested in serving on the Fire Station 63 Relocation Focus Group please complete and submit an application by March 6 at noon.
Focus Group Application