Comprehensive Master Plan
On July 26, 2022, City Council took action and approved the 2022 Comprehensive Master Development Plan via the adoption of Resolution 2022-70. The final planning document represents the culmination of a multi-year planning process.. The Comprehensive Master Development Plan is a guiding policy document for how to improve the physical and social aspects of the community over the next ten years. The plan is organized into four main themes: Development, Prosperity, Neighborhoods, and Assets.
The Comprehensive Master Development Plan Steering Committee worked very hard to prepare a planning document that addressed the use of vacant land, the installment of safe and convenient pathways, including sidewalk expansions and crosswalks that will connect neighborhoods to Loveland-Madeira Road and downtown. Additional land use designations and a Future Land Use Map, the first of its kind for the city, have been included to supplement a variety of housing stock for different classifications of homeowners.
The plan also includes recommendations to enhance the city’s natural resources and park amenities, thereby expanding access to outdoor recreation, expanding the use of open spaces, and connecting pedestrian, bicycle, and road networks. Emphasis was placed on enhancing the Commerce Park filling the vacancy of its final lot, entryway signage, and road maintenance. In addition, the Loveland-Madeira Road Corridor was highlighted as a prominent feature of the plan detailed recommendations for improvements along this vital commercial corridor.
To recap the planning process, the following milestones during the plan development are noteworthy:
- On Monday December 13, 2021, the committee held the second of two community engagement events showcasing the proposed plan. Feedback and remarks were provided and can be found here.
- On Wednesday, April 27, 2022, the Comprehensive Master Plan Steering Committee met to review the final draft version of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Loveland. At that meeting, the committee voted unanimously to approve the final draft version, and recommended that the document be forwarded to the Planning and Zoning Commission for additional review. The approved Final Draft version of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan that was presented to the Planning and Zoning Commission can be found below:
- Subsequently, the Planning and Zoning Commission for the City of Loveland met on May 26, 2022 to review the Final Draft Version of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Loveland. The Commission engaged in robust discussion about the plan contents, process, and next steps after adoption, and voted unanimously to recommend adoption of the plan, with changes, to City Council.
- On June 14, 2022, the final draft of the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan, as approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission, was presented to City Council along with the Commission's unanimous recommendation for adoption. City Council took the planning document and the Commission's recommendation under advisement, with the goal of reviewing the plan contents and recommendations at the July 26, 2022 City Council Meeting.
- On July 26, 2022, City Council conducted a final review of the plan and discussed the plan and its recommendations. Following that discussion, Council adopted Resolution 2022-70, formally adopting the 2022 Comprehensive Master Plan for the City of Loveland, Ohio.
Other documents from previous meetings can be found below: