The Residential Occupancy Inspection Program requires that each owner of a rental dwelling(s) and/or property(s) within the City to annually register their rental dwelling(s) and/or property(s), including a written report of each tenant known to have occupied a rental property. The report is to include name changes, addresses, and telephone numbers of those in occupancy. Upon completion of registration, the Loveland/Symmes Fire Department will schedule an inspection of the rental dwelling(s) and/or property(s) to ensure that the rental dwelling(s) and/or property(s) are safe and in compliance with all applicable codes.
Inspections criteria includes:
- Two remote means of escape, free from obstruction(s), from each level where occupants are to reside.
- Stairs, hallways, and passages to exit are adequately lit and free of obstructions.
- Evidence of loose and/or exposed wiring; extension cord misuse.
- Evidence of plumbing and/or heating concerns.
- Flammable and combustible materials are properly stored.
- Smoke Detectors and Fire Extinguisher(s) are in good working order.
Short-Term Rental units are not subject to the provisions of the Residential Occupancy Inspection Program.
Rental Registration Application, Sample Red Card, Chapter 1330: Residential Occupancy Inspection